Download and install all your apps in a simple and easy way!!!
Posted on 30 Mar ’11
There have been a few times over the past 2 years where I have changed laptops or had to re-install windows on my pc. In each case I was spending nearly a day trying to search, download, and install all my favorite applications from internet browsing to email clients to document editors.
I came across this website for Ninite.com, which has made this whole process efficient and easy. Basically you download the Ninite installer, then you select all the different applications you required. I chose the following for my standard setup:
- Web Browsers = Chrome
- Messaging = Skype, Google Talk, MSN Messenger, Thunderbird
- Media = Itunes, VLC, K-lite codecs, Spotify
- Runtimes = Flash, Java, .Net, AIR
- Imaging = Picasa, Gimp
- Documents = Open Office, Adobe PDF Reader, Spybot
- Others = Dropbox, Evernote, Google Earth, Steam
- Utilities = CDBurnerXP, CC Cleaner
- Compression = WinRar
- Dev Tools = JDK, Eclipse, Filezilla, Putty
Once you selected all the applications in the various categories, you then hit install, and Ninite takes care of the rest. It gets the latest versions of applications and then installs them one after the other automatically.
Check it out and you’ll wonder how you lived without it.