Eyes Are The Windows To Your Soul, But Its Hands That Define You!
Posted on 13 Sep ’11
I wanted to blog about a funny but interesting conversation (of course sourced from a random conversation with friends in a bar). Your eyes maybe the window to your soul, but its your hands that really define you!
The women in the group insisted that the hands are in the top 5 things (smile, height, hair, and present-ability (i.e. well dressed etc) making up the other 4) they look out for when evaluating a potential, however the men insisted otherwise. So, being the curious one, I asked:
“So what is it about a man’s hands that makes them attractive to women?”
To which I got a range of answers below in order of importance, regardless of the state of the hand (clean, calloused, smooth, scratched, or just plain average):
- Safety & Protection – knowing that the right type of hands can protect you from danger, hardships of life, father-daughter connection etc.
- Sensual – something about the feeling of a hand touching a person or even the imagined feeling of a touch
- Expressive – hands are expressive, you don’t need to speak to be understood. they can convey emotions that are hard to describe i.e. love, compassion, tenderness, warmth etc.
- Vulnerability – linked to the first one, but as in allowing yourself to feel comfortable in someone’s hands
- Power – your hands can achieve what the mind wants, so they reveal a lot about the owner.
- Symmetry & Health – symmetrical hands = healthy hands = good genes (possibly the only scientific explanation here).
Additionally, it turns out that average hands are more attractive than all other types.
Random, but a fascinating conversation topic. So all you guys out there…make sure you take care of you hands (and I don’t mean manicured and moisturised – just washed, clean, no nails etc)…and just be average and they’ll speak for themselves 😉