“The Dark Knight” & Some Great Batman Quotes
Posted on 13 Mar ’11
Post from February 2008:
I thought I would review the movie, and leave you with some of my favourite batman quotes. I have been looking forward to the trailer for this movie for quite a bit now….(and that’s just the trailer…imagine when its movie release time in summer 2008).
Firstly, let me say Rest In Peace Mr. ledger……and I hope that your monumental acting talent and not your death brings this movie to Cult status.
The movie is the sequel to the much loved “Batman Begins”, which was also directed by Christopher Nolan. For those who have not seen the first installment of the Batman movie remake, it is quite dark, and non-comical…..just the way you would imagine batman emerging from the billionaire playboyBruce Wayne. It is a must see/must own in my opinion.
It picks up from the last movie, where a new psychotic bank robber has begun a crime wave in Gotham. With the help of lieutenant Gordon (GaryOldman), and the new DA, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart ), Batman (Christian Bale) has to raise the stakes in order to defeat the new mastermind, who has brought chaos and clown (in a terrifyingly interesting character portrayal) The Joker (Heath Ledger). The character of the joker looks absolute…….right down to the makeup, which does reflect the horrid nature of the Joker………and clearly takes us away from the idea of a laughable clown gone evil. I wonder if the mysterious scarecrow will be back in the sequel, as he disappeared toward the end of Batman Begins…Now without giving away any of the movie it is quite obvious this is movie is not only an introduction to one of batman’s first nemesis, but we also see the creation of his second in Harvey Dent a.k.a. Two Face.
I won’t spoil anymore of the trailer or the movie, but want to leave you with my favorite batman quotes of all time:
Batman Movies & TV Shows:
- “A guy who dresses in a bat suit clearly has issues” – Bruce Wayne
- “Why Bats Sir?”, “Bats frighten me. It’s time my enemies share my dread.” – Alfred & Bruce
- “They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I’ve looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge… Me.” – Bruce Wayne
- “Where are you?………Here” – Batman to thug
- “Where’d you get a live fish, Batman?…………..The true crime-fighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin.” – Robin & Batman
- “Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don’t know?……..Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact.” Batman & Robin
- “You can never escape me. Bullets don’t harm me. Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” – Batman
- “Ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light?” – Joker
- “Why so serriiiooooussssss…..” – Joker
- “let’s put a smiiiillleee on that FACE!!!” – Joker
- “To conquer fear, you must become fear. You must bask in the fear of other men; and men fear most what they can not see.” – Batman
- Simpsons Quote:
Marge: Homer! There’s someone here who can help you…
Homer: Is it Batman?
Marge: No, he’s a scientist.
Homer: Batman’s a scientist?!
Marge: It’s not Batman!”